In the ten year period since Governor Crist signed into law Florida Statute 624.4625., FIT has grown from its 3 charter members to a membership of over 200 of the most well respected Social Service companies in the State. This consistent growth confirms the Trust belief in it’s Mission; “Protecting Those Who Serve Others“. FIT does this by providing superior insurance coverages, cost, and service to our members.
When FIT received authorization from the Florida Office of Insurance Regulations on June 8, 2007, to begin operations it became the first Trust in Florida specifically designed to serve Florida’s not-for-profit community. In fact, because of the very high standards required by the State to operate as a Trust, FIT remains the only one.
As the Trust enteres its TENTH year of operations, the Board of Directors sat down to discuss the attributes that have allowed FIT to experience its unheard of success rate (98% retention rate). We believe this success can be attributed to the purchasing power of the group, and the benefit of being able to purchase all lines of coverage from one trusted source.
The Trust is owned by its members and governed by a Board of Directors comprised of its members. This allows the Trust to maintain its sole focus of providing the Best Price, Coverage, and Services to our members.
Services for FIT members are provided by Non-Profit Insurance Services, NPIS. NPIS has been the exclusive service provider since the inception of FIT. For more information regarding FIT, please contact NPIS at 888-794-7771 or (407) 936-2132.
- Various wind limit /deductibles offered
- AOP Coverage up to 100 million per member (FIT)
- No Margin Clause, not confined to schedule
- Valuation based on replacement cost
- Valuation for time element to be actual loss sustained
- Special form, all risk policy
Commercial Auto Liability
- Combined Single Limit
- Medical Payments
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists
- Hired/Non-Owned Liability
- Towing Labor
- Rental Reimbursement
- Data Breach and Privacy Liability
- Data Breach Loss to Insured
- Electronic Media Liability Coverage
- Breach Mitigation Expense Coverage
- Business Interruption Reimbursement Coverage
- PCI Assessments Reimbursement Coverage
- Excess Liability
- And more
General & Professional Liability
Per occurrence and general aggregate for the following:
- Commercial General Liability
- Employee Benefits Liability
- Miscellaneous Professional Liability
- Sexual/Physical Abuse or Molestation
- Special Events Coverage
- Physicians’ Coverage
- Employers Liability
- Statutory Benefits to include medical, indemnity, death, etc.
D&O /EPLI Liability Coverage
Coverage for employment practices liability included as well as civil rights.
- Broad Definition of Insured
- Broad Definition of Employment
- Claims Made Policy
- Cost of Defense for Hour & Wage Claims
- Personal Injury Coverage
- Third Party Coverage
- Independent Contractors Coverage
- Entity Coverage
- Healthcare Organization Coverage Extension
- Individually rated, customized plans
- Preferred pricing on medical plans
- Online Enrollment
- HRA / HSA / FSA / COBRA options
Self-insured options are available
What Our Members Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our members do the talking!
Senior Vice President of Corporate Operations
Aspire Health Partners
Reginald D. Jackson, MSHRM
Risk Manager & Insurance Administrator
United Community Options of South Florida
Billy Van Ee, PHR, SHRM-CP
Director of Human Resources
Our Latest News and Events
SAN ANTONIO — All societies have the importance of keeping promises in common, said the opening keynote speaker during the Risk & Insurance Management Society Inc.’s annual conference in San Antonio on Monday. Promises made are “what defines us and our character,”...
In a former professional role, I served as legal counsel to employers in employment discrimination cases, including sexual harassment matters. While representing employers I learned about many instances of sexual harassment that were not handled well by the employer....
Parents can influence their children while they live in the same household, the kids carrying the behavior into adulthood. While daughters are absorbing philanthropy lessons more quickly than sons, neither match what their parents did when it comes to charitable...
The Florida Goodwill Association was formed to: To speak with one voice to advocate for services to meet the needs of people with barriers to employment while concurrently strengthening families and communities; the association will raise funds to best meet these...
No. 10: Job accommodation Job accommodation silos within companies reside in multiple return-to-work (RTW) policies, both formal and informal. Return to work is not a workers' compensation issue, alone. The issue is inconsistent job accommodations across...
“Physician, heal thyself” is an expression that many people use to criticize a lack of standards among groups or organizations that are charged with enforcing those same standards among others. And a paraphrase that applies to the insurance business is “insurer,...